TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Unless otherwise indicated, all information contained on this website including but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio and video clips, is copyrighted by Canadians Remember or its respective owners. This information is intended for personal and educational use. Licensed material is not to be downloaded for purposes other than personal use and republication, retransmission, reproduction or other use of the licensed material is strictly prohibited without express written permission of the copyright owner(s).
1. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall Canadians Remember, its affiliates, volunteers, employees or partners be liable for any loss however incurred or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with this website, the Paypal services, or this agreement (however arising, including negligence). Some Provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Our liability, and the liability of our parent, employees and suppliers, to you or any third parties in any circumstance is limited to the actual amount of direct damages.
2. PayPal Transactions. PayPal does not warrant any transaction of any kind and all transactions fall under the terms and conditions of PayPal’s operating guidelines. PayPal payment systems are provided for service purposes only and do not constitute an endorsement by PayPal. PayPal does not own, control nor have any responsibility or liability for any third party software application you elect to use on the PayPal website and/or in connection with the PayPal Services.
3. Complete Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
4. Ownership, permitted use of the Web Site and its content.
(a) Intellectual Property Rights Subject to section 4(b) below, all Canadians Remember Content (as defined below) contained on the ‘Web Site’ (canadiansremember.ca and all of its pages) is the property of Canadians Remember, its content suppliers or its licensors as the case may be, and is protected by Canadian and international copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Canadians Remember Content” includes any and all material, information in text, graphical, video and audio forms, images, reports, articles, publications, data, databases, charts, graphics, photographs, illustrations, maps, interfaces, web pages, text, files, software, product names, company names, trade-marks, logos and trade names contained on the Web Site, other than User Content (as defined below), as well as the manner in which the Content is presented or appears and all information relating thereto. “Content” means Canadians Remember Content together with User Content. Except for the rights you may have in User Content posted by you on the Web Site, you do not acquire ownership right or any implied right to any Content obtained, accessed or viewed through the Web Site, and the posting of information or materials on the Web Site does not constitute a waiver of any rights in such information, materials and/or Content.
(b) Your Intellectual Property Rights. Canadians Remember claims no ownership or control over any content including any and all material, information in text, graphical, video and audio forms, images, reports, articles, publications, data, databases, charts, graphics, photographs, illustrations, maps, interfaces, web pages, text, files, software, product names, company names, trade-marks, logos and trade names submitted, posted or displayed by you on or through the Web Site (the “User Content”). You or a third party licensor, as the case may be, retain all rights to any User Content you submit, post or display on or through the Web Site and you are responsible for protecting those rights.
6. Trademarks and Copyright
The Canadians Remember logo design and other logos, designs, and marks appearing on canadiansremember.ca are registered marks of the Canadians Remember campaign.
All photographs appearing on canadaremembers.ca are the property of their respective owners and are used here with permission. They shall not be reproduced without the express permission of the photographer(s).
Auschwitz photography by Robert Yardley is copyright © Robert Yardley, UK (ryphotography.com), 2014 and shall not be reproduced without express permission.
7. Canadians Remember reserves the right to remove any uploaded images deemed inappropriate or that violate the Canadian Charter of Human Rights.
Information on canadiansremember.ca is subject to change without notice.